The Franklin Park Performing and Visual Arts Center invites all regional visual artists and craftspeople to enter Plein Air Pastoral, an exhibition sponsored by Franklin Park Arts Center in partnership with Loudoun County Department of Economic Development. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Best in Show, Fall Favorite and the piece that best captures the essence of rural Loudoun.
Plein Air Pastoral will be on display in the Gallery from November 20 - January 3, 2016.
The public is invited to a reception for participants on Sunday, November 29th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., prior to the Franklin Park Big Band Christmas Kick-off concert.
The show will be held in the lobby gallery of the Franklin Park Performing and Visual Arts Center which is open every day from 9-5 (closed on federal holidays) and on evenings and weekends during performances.
- Entrants must be regional residents (VA, WV, MD), aged 18 & up
- Content must be in accordance with the theme of this show
- Franklin Park Arts Center reserves the right to reject any entry submission for any reason, at its discretion
- Franklin Park Arts Center exhibits are meant to provide exposure for new, amateur and professional artists alike. Gallery is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm and during performances and Sunday evening coffeehouse series.
- Advance registration preferred, encouraged and welcome by email to Elizabeth.Bracey@loudoun.gov
- By phone: 540-338-7973
- In person: 36441 Blueridge View Lane, Purcellville, VA 20132
- You may also register when you bring in your artwork on November 16th or 17th. Entry fee of $20 is due when you drop off artwork; cash, check (payable to County of Loudoun) or credit card is acceptable.
- Please label your artwork with title, artist’s name and phone number
- Please bring a one-page artist’s bio, if we do not currently have one on file.
Artists are invited to submit one piece for display and sale. Plein Air Pastoral will feature creative works in your choice of media. We encourage artists to create plein air works during the Fall Farm Tour October 17 & 18, 2015 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm each day. Submitted pieces can also be conceived in the same spirit of appreciation for our rural agricultural heritage.
- Any medium is accepted and encouraged
- A single piece may be in multiple mediums
- Originals are preferred, however prints are acceptable but must be labeled as such and framed and ready to hang
- Two dimensional work must be properly secured and framed and ready to hang with securely attached sturdy wire. Saw tooth hangers will not be accepted.
- Three dimensional work will be displayed on pedestals or in a display case; care will be taken to safely exhibit pieces.
- Images of artwork may be submitted in advance for consideration on our postcard to advertise the exhibit. Images should be high resolution (300 dpi; at least 1500x2100 pixels) and must be submitted by Friday, November 6, 2015 at 3:00 pm.
- Entry fee is $20
- County of Loudoun will take a 20% commission on all sales of artwork
- All artwork must be for sale to be included in this show
- Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax
- If your piece is sold and the buyer wants to take possession immediately, Franklin Park Arts Center may contact the artist for a second submission.
- Your entry fee and commission on sold works support the Arts Center programs and events — thank you for your support!
- Artwork must be picked up on Monday, January 4 or Tuesday, January 5, 2016 between hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. If you cannot be here, please make other arrangements for picking up your artwork.
- We do not have a secure place for storing artwork long-term. If your artwork is not picked up by January 12, 2016, it will become property of County of Loudoun.
Contact Elizabeth Bracey at Elizabeth.Bracey@loudoun.gov or 540-338-7973